Change is not progress. Scientific knowledge is not enlightenment. Fancy gadgets and advanced technology are not civilization.
Only change, scientific knowledge and advanced technology that are guided by ethics and integrity and applied according to what best serves the greater good of humanity, all other life on Earth and the planet herself can create progress, enlightenment and true civilization.
Life continues on with knowledge. Life is CHANGED with Wisdom.
This is Wisdom; when knowledge, understanding and intuition are put into action guided by integrity and ethics.
Carl Jung stated that you cannot solve a problem with the same level of consciousness that created it. You must be made anew.
You cannot solve a debt problem with more debt, restructured debt or bailouts.
You cannot solve war with more war, cyber war, proxy wars or covert wars.
You cannot solve the problem of an ever expanding government with new politicians, new laws or lobbying.
You cannot solve the problem of unemployment with more funding for education, new legislation, or strikes.
In order to solve the problems of these and all others that plague our society you need to create a new consciousness.
You cannot change the world to make yourself happy and free, you must change yourself to make yourself happy and free.
I would love to hear from those of you connected to this page. What types of solutions have you implemented in your life? What types of positive organizations are you connected to? What are your favorite personal development practices? What types of activism are you working on? Let us cooperatively unite and, together, create the critical mass that will realize the true potential, beauty and divinity that we are truly capable of!
“The greatest and most important problems of life are all fundamentally insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown.” – Carl Jung
“The problem is we seek something better without becoming better ourselves” – Manly P. Hall
In lak’ech ala k’in! (I am another you; you are another me!)
SOLUTIONS AND RESOURCES:
- The University of Science and Philosophy – Founded in 1949 by Walter Russell the USP is unique in that it offers a Home Study Course and books which are meant to be studied in the solitude and privacy of one’s own home. The integral learning that follows this very personal study of universal law, natural science and living philosophy is not the traditional remembering and repeating of information. There are no assignments, papers or examinations. Learning comes through meditative study and internalization of ideas so that these become part of one’s own thinking and consequent actions. In this way, new knowledge leads to self-transcendence along with advanced creative modes of thinking and living.
- Manly Palmer Hall – Along with being the founder of The Philosophical Research Society, which continues to serve the greater Los Angeles area and the world since 1934, Manly P Hall gave over 8,000 lectures in the United States and abroad, authored over two hundred books and essays, and wrote countless magazine articles on the subjects of Philosophy, Religion and Science, and the convergence of the three disciplines.
- The Critical Thinking Community – The Center for Critical Thinking works under the auspices of the Foundation For Critical Thinking, an educational non-profit organization, to promote essential change in education and society through the cultivation of fairminded critical thinking. Critical thinking is essential if we are to get to the root of our problems and develop reasonable solutions. After all, the quality of everything we do is determined by the quality of our thinking.
- The Alternative Education Resource Organization (AERO): This site provides a comprehensive list — organized by countries and states — of schools that pose an alternative to mainstream education and allows you to access educational tools and network with others who have started their own successful schools.
- The Sedona Method – The Sedona Method is a unique, simple, powerful, easy-to-learn and duplicate technique that shows you how to uncover your natural ability to let go of any painful or unwanted feeling in the moment. The Sedona Method consists of a series of questions you ask yourself that lead your awareness to what you are feeling in the moment and gently guide you into the experience of letting go
- Emotional Freedom Technique – An emotional version of acupuncture, the EFT Tapping Basic Recipe is an easy to use healing tool that provides the very foundation for expanding your emotional freedom.
- Eat Wild – Getting Wild Nutrition From Modern Food
- LocalHarvest – Real Food, Real Farmers, Real Community
- Non-GMO Shopping Guide
- The Institute for Functional Medicine – Changing the way we do medicine and the medicine we do
- EXOS – Performance Nutrition by Thorne Research
- ORGANIC CONSUMERS ASSOCIATION – CAMPAIGNING FOR HEALTH, JUSTICE, SUSTAINABILITY, PEACE, AND DEMOCRACY
- AVAAZ – the campaigning community bringing people-powered politics to decision making worldwide
- The Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF) assists people throughout the U.S. to draft their own local ordinances and keep polluting corporations, GMO farming, hard rock mining, factory farms, and oil and gas drilling out of their communities.
- BETTER WORLD SHOPPER is a site dedicated to providing people with a comprehensive, up-to-date, reliable account of the social and environmental responsibility of every company on the planet AND making it available in practical forms that individuals can use in their everyday lives. Coming out of more than 5 years of intensive research, this work is based on a comprehensive database of over 1000 companies and utilizes 25+ reliable sources of data to cover everything from the environment to human rights, community development to animal protection.
- New Urbanism – Creating Liviable Sustainable Communities